Tuesday, October 4, 2011

What to do on a rainy day

It was raining last weekend and so our plans of a Sunday spent playing outdoors was foiled yet again. We settled for our usual weekend fare - a trip to the mall. My loot proves how much of a sucker I am for anything colorful. Who needs more bottles of polish? Certainly none of the girls in our house.

 {happily ever after, for audrey, bon bon}

To add to my ever growing collection of colorful craft pretties, I got a bunch of embroidery thread. I will most probably be making bracelets out of these soon. 

{DMC embroidery thread. so pretty, right?}

I got some tools as well.

I've been interested in Kumihimo, a Japanese form of braiding, for some time now so I was happy to find a small loom in a local craft store. I gave it a go last night, and all I can say is that it's very tedious and not simple at all. After 15 minutes of systematic braiding, all I had was a jumble of thread.

{small kumihimo loom}

I did learn how to knit back in school, but I'm not about to pick up knitting any time soon. I got this pair of needles for a future wirework project.

 {knitting needles}

Wally picked up this set of plants from his favorite shop. Here are they are striking a pose in my makeshift desktop photo studio.

{plants vs. zombies. Wally is obsessed with this game!}

Well, it was a fun weekend in spite of the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment