Friday, February 3, 2012

A lootful day


I opened a lot of boxes today - it was almost like Christmas. I was ecstatic when I found the Mini Lalaloopsy Tales on the shelves of Toy Kingdom the other day. I've been wanting them since last year and I didn't think they were going to get here that fast. Of course I had to buy me some! But there was no Alice lala, so she's still on my got-to-have list. So, I got Curls N' Locks, Coral Sea Shells and Snowy Fairest which are the cutest of the bunch. I'm still deciding if I should buy the others for the sake of having them. Err.. hm, maybe.

As you can see on the picture above, I bought some more Rement Disney vintage tableware (still no Chip and Dale salt and paper shakers) and a Disney Birthday Cake. I should really stop buying that stuff. REALLY. But the main event, of course, was my Dal Darony which arrived this morning. Hooray for the wonderful people at the post office! I might be one of a very few handful of people singing praises for the Philippine postal service, but the people at our town's post office are just the best. Quick and prompt service. Only one thing to remember when shipping to the Philippines - never use expedited courier services lest you be taxed heavily by customs. The people at customs probably think your package isn't worth taxing if you're not in a hurry to get it. I haven't had a lost package yet using slower services (like USPS priority international), so it works for me. But that's only for toys, snack swaps, craft stuff and jewelry making supplies. But for big, pricey electronic gadgets, I'd skip buying online altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment